Cybersecurity affects everyone, which is why for the first time ever, the Cyber Security Symposium Africa (CSSA), will be hosting an awareness event especially targeted at schools.
This half day event, which will be taking place 08 July 2020 in Cape Town, will include talks by experts in the field and the South African Police Services (SAPS). There will also be an interactive hacking session that will show you how cybercriminals commit cybercrimes.
If you’re interested in attending this event, please complete this online form.
We look forward to helping you learn more about cybersecurity and how you can prevent a cyber attack from happening to you.
- 08:00 – 08:30: Registration
- 08:30 – 08:40: Welcome
- 08:40 – 09:20: The legal eagle of cybersecurity
- 09:20 – 10:00: Cyberbullying and how to protect yourself - South African Police Services
- 10:00 – 10:30: TEA
- 10:30 – 11:10: A future in cybersecurity: jobs, skills, learning opportunities
- 11:10 – 12:00: Hacker session
- 12:00 – 12:20: Question and answers
- 12:20 – 12:30: Final thoughts and thanks
Frequently asked questions
Can any school attend? These sessions are targeted for high learners, but educators from both primary and schools are welcome to attend.
How many people can attend from each school? Each interested school will be allowed to send seven individuals. These could be learners and/or educators.
Will transport be provided? Unfortunately, you will need to provide your own transport to and from the event.
What are the costs? This half-day event is free to all schools.
Where can I find out more? Should you have any queries regarding this event, please send an email to email@example.com.